15 January 2015

Page 14 of 365: Haji Backpacker

Views:

So today I finished watching above mentioned film. It was good but not as good as Ketika Cinta Bertasbih, or 99 Cahaya di Langit Eropa.


I loved it though. I liked it how Mada was tested and challenged in terms of his patience, determination and faith. The tests are indeed to elevate our status as a mukmin. I first knew about the film in about June or July 2014, when the screening was not even there yet. It was aired during Eidul Adha in October if I was not mistaken. So after months of waiting, I finally got to see it.

My main interest was about the journey to Mecca. I was missing the Holy Lands so I bet this film would rekindle the longing for the lands.

Speaking of longing..
I just saw photos of Egypt (I like the name Mesir better). I saw a lot of travel promotions. I don't know why. I have always had this feeling for Mesir. By just saying its name.. MESIR.. I'd get goosebumps! Probably it's the history. Probably it's the scenery. Probably it's the culture. Probably it's the environment. Have I told that I love the typical look of an Arab land? I love imagining palm trees, brownish buildings made up of clays and sands, deserts and camels, people in robes.. I don't know. I think it has some sentimental values. Well I know yeah.. Egyptians may not dress as I imagine them to dress, but Mesir still (to me) keeps and reflects its early civilisation. Its soil seems old. Its trees seem old. Its rivers seem tired of running.

I wish I could go to Mesir and experience it myself. I know. Many people had told me.. That the Arab people especially in Mesir are TERRIBLE. But hey, it's not like I'm going to spend my life with them forever :) I just want to taste the air of Mesir.

InshaAllah.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show your wisdom.